♦ Rules and Regulations ♦
- Due date for registering will be March 1, 2019. No exceptions. Entries after this date will be subject to a late fee of $10.00. Entries after this date may not be included in the printed program. If entries are incorrect, there will be a $5.00 charge per entry form. This includes any errors in age or category.
- Payments to be made via cashiers check or money order only. No other checks will be accepted. Mail payments to: Dance Magic Talent Competition, 114 S. 58th Avenue, Wausau, WI 54401.
- Any and all entries requesting a specific performance time or date must be submitted with the original entry form. Any changes or requests will only be accepted up to 5 business days after original entry form deadline.
- There will be a $45.00 fee on all returned checks.
- Video cameras are not allowed. Video taping a routine will disqualify a routine. No flash photography including digital cameras and cell phones.
- Visual coaching of your dancers during performance is prohibited and the routine will be disqualified.
- Average age must be taken of all members performing in a group, trio or duet. Do not round up decimals. (Ex: If your average age is 14.7, they should be entered in the 14-year category. Age is determined by the date of the contest.)
- Small groups of 4-9 performers. Large groups 10-18 performers. Production 19 performers and up.
- Teachers and teachers' assistants, including all studio employees are not allowed to perform with their students in any routine. Note: We now offer a separate teacher performance category.
- Any group competing against itself must go up an age group/category with one of the routines. No more than 25% of members can be the same students in the same category.
- All judges are professionals from the field of dance. The decisions of the judges are final.
- Contestants will compete in the age categories as follows: 3 and under, 4–5, 6–7, 8–9, 10–11, 12–13, 14–15, 16–18, 19–25, 26 and over.
- There will be no refunds for any reason.
- Dance Magic requests only one contact person per studio. One contact person at the studio level ensures all information is shared equally throughout the studio. No exceptions.
- Soliciting - Soliciting students from other studios will NOT BE TOLERATED. Anyone doing this will be disqualified.
- Students may only do one routine per category.
- No fire, smoke, knives, weapons, or live animals can be used in any routine.
- Dressing areas will be provided for all dancers. Vandalism will not be tolerated. Infraction of this rule will result in expulsion from the competition with no refund of entry fees. Be aware that those of you in violation of this rule will be subject to legal action. Teachers, we realize you cannot always be present in dressing areas, therefore, it is important that you make students and parents aware of these rules. We ask that you assign a monitor from your studio to enforce the rules.
- Dance Magic is not responsible for the lost or theft of articles left in the dressing rooms.
- Dance Magic, its Directors & Volunteers cannot be held liable for injury sustained by any persons attending this event.
- All score sheets will be initialed by the judges. Score sheets will only be available to the studio owner/director after the competition is complete. If studio owner or director is not present, the score sheets will be mailed within three business days after completion of the competition.
- All dancers must have proof of date of birth. Contestants will be responsible for producing proof of age via birth certificate, driver's license, student I.D., etc. Any protest must be submitted in writing to the competition director from the studio owner.
- Please be prepared at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled performance time. It is the responsibility of the studio to make sure that students are ready to perform at their scheduled time with no exceptions. We strive to be on-time or ahead of schedule – so please be ready and in communication with the show director.